FickleKnitterFiend

Friday, February 25, 2005

A Week of Blah

Last weekend I decided to drop spindle enough "yarn" to make a kitty toy for our beloved cat.
first_spun.jpg

The "yarn" knit up craptacularly. I knit it on US 5 needles, using bits from Wendys mouse pattern. I say bits, because I quit halfway through the pattern and kludged it all together with a single crochet edge. It's a design element.
mousie.jpg
It looks rather sheep-like, don't you think?
Gieger_toy.jpg
I bribed Geiger into posing by stuffing a treat in one of the openings I forgot to sew up. I'm thinking of felting the crap out of it to see what happens.

On the knitting front, I'm well on my way to being done section 3 of The Clap. I finished the sleeves on Rogue, and started the grafting process. I'm knitting the sleeves for Klaralund in tandem, making slow progress.

I have 2 projects in the pipeline. I've ordered yarn for the Eyelet Wrap in Rebecca 29, and for the Flowerbaskset shawl from Interweave Knits Fall 2004 issue. I won't lie. I'd love to make the Huntington Castle Pullover from that issue too. But I must show restraint and limit myself to only a mere 10 projects per unit time.