FickleKnitterFiend

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Death by Chocolate

Truffle (not the stinky mushroom kind) Recipe** The Weapons
  • 1 lb room temperature butter (if not I pop it in the 'wave for 15 seconds, but not until melted)
  • 1 cup confectioners or powdered sugar, sifted***
  • 1/2 box of Hersheys Cocoa, sifted; plus additional cocoa to coat finished truffles

The Means

Fold sugar and cocoa with spatula until evenly mixed. Add butter one stick at a time. Work mixture with hands (body heat melts butter quickly!) until the whole mix turns dark chocolate brown. Use additional cocoa to shape mix into bite sized blobs. The Cocoa is unsweetened, giving the truffle a dark chocolate taste. Refridgerate until hardened.

If you make this, would you be so kind to send me a picture and tell me how you like the truffles? **I won't be held responsible for any resulting increases in Cholesterol levels, Weight Gain, nor crimes committed during truffle induced haze ***My original recipe called for 1 lb of sugar, I used one cup. It's a darker chocolate taste. For sweeter truffles use 1 lb powdered sugar.