FickleKnitterFiend

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Proof positive, it ain't just me

Getting out of the car with a garbage bag of yarn, hoping that my roommate wasn't home, so I didn't have to explain the garbage bag of yarn, I realized, I am a yarnaholic. Yarn Buddy and Dear Friend, Roberta Everytime a knitter admits her addiction, an angel gets its wings. Or, I go buy some yarn. I have two thumbs on two mittens to complete for family of knitted gifts. I am dreading it. Last time I tried the thumbs, I ended up with garter thumbs, and stockinette stitch everything else. In more exciting news, I cast off the Irish Hiking Scarf. It's so pretty, I was feeling guilty for keeping it myself. So it may end up a gift yet. Did I mention we're having the roof redone? Day one: *Thump thunk, stomp, grunt, hammering* rinse repeat for 8 hours. Don't ask me how I managed a nap late in the afternoon. The quiet actually woke me up! Day two: The shingles --Description to come tomorrow--