FickleKnitterFiend

Monday, November 15, 2004

Quiet on the Western Front

-------Edited to Add Martha Stewart Living Sock Knitting Article Commentary-------- The model is using 3 DPNs on the sock. She is knitting from the 2nd to the 3rd. There is no fourth needle that is discernable. Oh the horror! Not too much progress on the knitting. A few more rows on the Easy Lace Scarf (I'm almost done 2/3 skeins of Noro colorway 100.), and all I have to do other than the thumbs on the mitten is decrease the second mitten. Here's to hoping I didn't do any drastic changes in the pattern on the first go. I'm going to frog the "Decadent Scarf" and try a more open pattern. It's for me, and I keep frogging it. Angora, not so easy to frog. My wonderful Husband has installed a hanging pot rack, a stemware rack, and special hooks for my measuring cups. If I hadn't married him already I'd do it on the spot :). Note the calm doggy and kitty. This is a rare occurance in the Fickle household. In Honor of my going back to Vegetarianism (well 85-90% of the time anyway) I'll post the recipe I made up: Spinach Soup 1 Onion diced 3 Tbsp minced Garlic 1/2 package Morning Star Ground "Beef" 1/2 package Egg Noodles 6 Cups Water 1 Can Veggie Broth 2 handfuls Spinach leaves 1 loaf French Bread & Butter Combine all ingredients in stew pot except spinach. Simmer for 20 minutes. Wash Spinach. Add in noodles. When they are done, stir in spinach until it just wilts. Toast French Bread with butter and Serve.